Tuesday, September 8, 2009

President Obama's Speech

I am happy that two of my children will be watching President Obama's speech today.

I am sad that one of them, along with thousands of others, will not be watching it.

I am happy that our President supports education. (Of course he does.)

I am sad that our country is so politicized that we can't even let our children be inspired by a president that comes from a different party than ours.

I am happy that I live in a country where people can refuse to watch the President's address. . .

I am happy.

You can read the speech at www.whitehouse.gov.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for the link to the speach. I want to read it, for sure. I don't know if my daughter watched it at school, but I will talk to her about it either way.

LuckyMatt said...

That was a really, really good speech. Exactly what children (especially struggling ones) need to hear about sticking with school and working hard in life.