Friday, September 25, 2009
14 Steps to a Great Camping Trip
1. Take your trailer (extra points if you just borrow one) up a day early to save a spot.
2. Since you already have the site, go back up on Thursday for a picnic. Just take left-overs; you'll be glad since it may be raining. Be glad you already set up the trailer.
3. Try your best to go up the canyon early, but don't despair when you don't.
4. Also, don't despair if it happens to start raining again on the way there after a beautiful clear day.
5. Play a new game while you try to cook the tin foil dinners in a skillet.
6. Laugh when kids all reject this cool meal.
7. Take advantage of the pause in rain for a campfire.
8. Roast marshmallows and make smores, even if the fire doesn't like the wet weather.
9. Go to bed late, read a little Harry Potter even thought it will be really late.
10. Sleep well!
11. Make sure someone who regularly uses pancake mix has bought the supplies for breakfast, or you might end up with the kind of mix that needs eggs and milk.
12. Pack up early to go have breakfast at home.
13. Make sure you camp by nice people who will move their camper to give your battery a charge after you realize it is dead.
14. Make sure you talk about how much fun it has all been on the ride home, enjoy the leaves, and take a nap later.