Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Summer Blessing

We blessed Summer in our church on October 10th. We had a lot of our family in town, and we were so grateful to have them (and missed the ones that couldn't make it).




Summer wore the dress I was blessed in, and my mother was blessed in made by my great-grandmother. She wore a hand-crocheted jacket and booties belonging to my paternal grandma and a sweet flower clip make by my sister. All heirlooms to treasure always.

We had a delicious lunch with contributions by everyone (thank you!). I even managed a little decoration, these buntings I sewed up quickly on the Saturday before. Now they live in Summer's nursery.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful. That is what I have done with my girls too- They both were blessed in my blessing dress. Summer is so adorable.

chelse said...

I'm so glad that we got to be there with you! Love you and your family!