Thursday, August 23, 2007

Cream cheese filled pumpkin muffins, yummy!

I just saw this recipe at My Life as Kalli I think that I NEED to make it!

Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Muffins

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon coriander
2 eggs, lightly beaten (I didn't lightly beat them before and it turned out fine)
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Filling:
6 oz cream cheese (the low fat kind works fine)
1 egg
1 tablespoon granulated sugar

Topping:
3/4 cup coconut
1/2 cup pecans, chopped finely
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon


Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and coriander in a bowl. Set aside.
In another bowl, mix eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil and vanilla extract. Mix well. Mix in dry ingredients, stirring until moist.
Filling: Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add egg and sugar. Beat until well mixed.
Topping: Combine all topping ingredients together.
Spoon 1/2 batter into muffin cups (cups should be filled half full). Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling on top. Fill with remaining batter. Spread to edges. Sprinkle generously with topping. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out soon.

2 comments:

Julie M. said...

Mmm! Those sound scrumptious!! Hopefully soon I'll have that oven cleaned out! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ooo yummy!! I'll be making a trip to the grocery store today.

Thanks for posting recipes. I love trying new things.