Monday, August 27, 2007

Make-a-list Monday, New things I'm trying

1. 3 kids in soccer, 3 games each Saturday
2. stretch pants and long shirts
3. pandora.com
4. emergency homework projects on Sunday night
5. no kids in kindergarten :)
6. new emoticons like :V:-| Person who cannot figure out why nobody wants to talk to him or her, little suspecting that there is an alligator on his or her head (Dave Barry)
7. living with only xy's for the majority of the day
8. new chore schedule with a 3-year-old in the mix
9. not reading any Stephenie Meyer books for at least a few weeks, I've got to get back to War and Peace

What are you trying?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

New things I'm trying:
1. first kid going to preschool
2. cream cheese filled pumpkin muffins
3. exercising everyday (so far, so good. we'll see if I keep it up)
4. Stephanie Meyer books--1/3 of the way through Twilight and loving it! I can't wait to see what happens next.
5. Chore chart for my 3-year-old. Easy stuff like making her bed, clearing her dishes after meals, and maybe putting away her laundry. I don't know, that last one may end up being more work for me.

What a great blog topic!

Bytheway, I'm looking for a good book to read after the Stephanie Meyer series. Any suggestions? Maybe nothing too deep or overwhelming, just something that I won't be able to put down.

Anonymous said...

pandora.com
What a great way to find new music to add to my iPod! Thanks.

Brooke said...

Have you ever heard of Georgette Heyer? She writes romance mysteries that are set in the same period as Jane Austin wrote. She wrote them all 20-40 years ago, but you can still get them some places. I really enjoy them. You probably would too if you like Pride and Prejudice and so forth.

Brooke said...

I thought of a few more fun but light books. There is a book called Cecelia and Sorcery, or the Magic Chocolate Pot which mixes Jane Austen time with magic. It is a lot of fun and has a sequel which I do not know the name of. Both were fun.

I also read The Princess Academy. It was a fun little read. I want to read The Goose Girl and its sequels too, but haven't yet.

I believe all these are young adult fiction, but I enjoyed them a lot. I'll keep thinking.