Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My New Years Resolutions

I think the first order of business is to work out my big list of lists. Sometimes I know well ahead of the new year what I will be working on. Other years I need a while to evaluate and work things out. This holiday has been busy with sick kids and Dawn's very wonderful baptism day. But tonight Matt took the last Christmas box downstairs and so bring on 2008!

This year I am feeling sufficiently busy. So I haven't made a lot of resolutions about new things to try or do. I am going to set a new goal each month. I can do that, I think. I am also assigning a room to work on each month, along with a few over-arching goals. Here they are:

1. This year I am going to be more aware of my blessings and the joy I get out of being right where I am. I will be using my Friday "Spots of Sun" to chronicle some of them.

2. I will be absolutely prompt at celebrating birthdays.

3. I will have a lovely and sweet birth of a healthy baby girl!

Now for January: I will walk at least 2 times a week and do yoga or pilates once a week. This is pretty advanced for my tired, pregnant body, but I am resolved.

My room for January is my bedroom. It is a mess. I'm not sure there will be much buying and shopping going on (unfortunately), but a lot of organizing and developing better habits (not using it as a dumping ground). I may try to paint a dresser if I feel really motivated. We'll see.

Looking ahead:
February - the boys' room (moving Andrew into Scott's room) This will also involve the guest/exercise/craft room because it will be supplying the bed for Andrew. That room is atrocious and may put me into premature labor.
March - the nursery
April - hmmm. I'll be busy.
I'm not sure what rooms will come in what order, but will definitely include the playroom, the girls' room, the craft room (if I don't get it all done earlier), the downstairs bathroom, the garage, the patio, the kitchen/dining room, and family room. We'll see.

2 comments:

Paige said...

Good Luck! I hope you get everything you need done before your sweet new baby comes.

Julie M. said...

That's a good idea, by room. I might have to steal it! Keep us posted! :)