On New Year's Day, we were discussing resolutions. Matt's brother said that they had a FHE on resolutions and they all set some. One of his daughters set a goal to have 20 Daddy Daughter dates this year. I asked him how often they had "special times" (which is what they are at our house because we do dad and mom dates).
He said and I quote,
"That was her resolution, not mine!"
Well, this little shopping experiment is turning out like that.
I discussed it with Matt. He listened without much comment but the heaviness in the air that meant he was not wholly on board. So I asked what he thought.
In a nutshell, he thinks it's great if it doesn't affect him. He pointed out that
1. He's been purposefully waiting until after Christmas to buy new fish and a tank heater
2. He's still having dates and going out to eat.
3. We were planning on organizing our craft/exercise/future guest room and he's ready to do it now.
4. If we are just putting it off until February, what's the point.
5. If we can get stuff on sale now, why wait until February (or next Christmas season) to buy it at full price.
6. If I don't buy any house decor or scrapbook stuff, he thinks it's a great idea.
So our experiment is not going well.