Monday, March 17, 2008

Make a list Monday (MaLM) - Deer resistant plants


I have never had a deer problem in my yard so I've never really researched it. But I've been thinking about plants that will work in my brother and sister-in-law's yard and so I have a short list. Luckily, I have a good selection of these plants in my own yard. Just thought I'd share in case you see deer in you yard.

Bushes
butterfly bush
boxwood
juniper
lavender
potentilla
spirea
lilac

Perennial Flowers
snow-in-winter
foxglove
echinacea
geranium
daylily
pincushion flower
lamb's ear

Misc. plants
vinca (ground cover)
fountain grass
crocus (bulb)
daffodil (bulb)

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I love this post! I have been looking at flowers lately. Flowerbed design is my project this summer, so I'll need lots of ideas from you. I just bought three different coneflower types from Dutch Gardens (they ship when it's right to plan in your growing zone). I also bought three dwarf, perma-blooming lilac bushes. I think flowers are so happy!

Shell said...

Thank you soooo much Brooke. I'm ready to buy stuff when you think I should!