Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tweak Day

Growing up, it was always tricky to maneuver the crossover between March 17 (St. Patrick's Day) and March 18 (Tweak Day). On St. Patrick's Day, wearing green would save you from a pinch. But on March 18, wearing green would earn you a nose tweak.

My dad started this tradition long ago, just to torture us I'm sure. We probably pinched him one too many times one St. Patty's Day, and so he conspired to get back at us.

So every year as I get ready for bed on St. Patrick's Day, I always worry about whether or not to wear green to bed. My husband never really pinches me, and no one really tweaks my nose, so I'm not sure why I worry. But I do. It's funny to see how your childhood stays with you forever.

So remember, no green today! (Sorry for the late advice!)

1 comment:

Paige said...

I thought about this yesterday and was wondering if anyone else remembered. I have been dreaming about dad a lot lately. It is kind of nice.