The road, I highly recommend driving this in a convertible. What, I didn't mention that? Oh, well it rocked!
On the road to Hana there are sooo many beautiful things to see. Here is a list I would say are the must dos.
(Disclaimer, I left my Maui Revealed book with my mom and sister in Hawaii, so I don't have it to look up all the names of these places. When I get it, I will fill in the correct names.)
1. The Four Waterfalls hike
The first falls
The second falls (the last we made it to)
2. 200 foot falls, standing on a big cliff!
3. Beautiful pool, we didn't stop to swim, but I wish we had
4. The side road to **** , the book describes this as the place where all plants go when they die and go to heaven. A small settlement with a lovely church and a telling row of mailboxes follows the road to the ocean in beautiful black rock ledges.
5. The Black Sand Beach, cliff hike and sinkhole pools--absolutely gorgeous!
6. The Seven Sacred Pools, if you can make it another 45 minutes past Hana. The water levels were way too high and dangerous when we got there. The pools were all locked up and rightly so. We didn't get to swim in them, but they were gorgeous.
And oh, bring some peppy music to get you through the 3 hour ride back to Kihei.