Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Aloha, bomb diggity


My most bomb diggity sister, Chelse, is CRAZY! She showed up with my mom last night around 9. She is on her way to Hawaii for a semester of school there. I'm sooo excited for her and just a tad jealous. She has the energy of a 3-year-old I'm telling you. She laughs (some say cackles), yells, giggles some more, tells hi-LAIR-i-ous stories and is definitely a spot of sun in my life.

So she is on her way to Hawaii. I will miss her. But that is not what I'm writing about today. I'm writing how she is a little kooky. First of all, she has a new vernacular each time I see her. Right now it is "bomb diggity", "that's how I roll", and "whatev". Not too long ago it was "turns out" and "who knew". We have given her a few phrases over the years like "that's ninja". But where she comes up with them all, no one knows.

After a very rousing and hilarious night, she had to be at the airport at 5am. My mom took her, and when she got back told me a few tidbits that just cement in my mind her total crazy status.

First, she doesn't know where her apartment is. She called from LAX asking us to look it up online. Only, whoops, we couldn't find it. Finally we got it through the college housing office. Second, she couldn't find her checkbook. So she's without it for 2 months. Third, she is not registered for any classes in Hawaii. Hello? "I'm sure I'll get what I want when I get there," she says. Crazy girl. Good luck in Hawaii. See you in a few months. I hope you are still just as happy and crazy when I get there. I may need a little perking up after the long absence.

P.S. Today I am NOT going to change the sheets downstairs, sorry Paige.

1 comment:

Julie M. said...

WHAT a goof! I love that pic! :) I hope she has fun, too. I know I'll miss her!